Sunday, May 28, 2006

Discussion Boards

Now that the first week of official group discussion is over, I read through everyone's posts and responses. Overall, it was a valuable exercise; however, I am beginning to wonder how well I will fit in. I have NO experience in libraries. And so much of the discussion is about experiences working in libraries. It's a very different perspective on information technology than I currently have.

I'm looking forward to being able to share that "insider" perspective after graduation. And before if I can find a job. Does anyone have any openings they'd like to share?

1 comment:

Lola said...

Hey: It's Laura Fonash. I too have lately been feeling like I have not much to share. I don't think a summer work study stint as a serials clerk in the library reshelving books has lent me any insight into the library world. And a lot of people in our program do seem to work in libraries. I'm just trying to bring all of my other work experiences into my writing and understanding. At least Kuhn is over, right. Now if only I could begin to understand the Internet Scout Portal assignment.