Saturday, June 03, 2006

Podcasts

Those podcasts are incredibly difficult to follow.

I don't like talk radio. Why? Because just audio is difficult for me to follow. I suppose I get distracted too easily. I've never been able to listen to audio books either. I prefer video so I can see the speaker and follow his or her body language. Better yet is actually being in the room with the speaker. My mind keeps wandering with audio only broadcasts.

It's also difficult because there are so many silent moments when the speaker pauses or is showing something on the computer screen.

In the first podcast, Americ Azevedo talks about the differences between live instruction and instruction through podcasts and the like. One point he makes is that the use of the internet and distance learning (even just Power Point presentations) destroys immediacy, spontaneity, and thinking. I wholeheartedly agree with him.

No comments: