Tuesday, June 20, 2006

RSS?

Perhaps I missed the RSS bandwagon. I really don’t see what is so great about it. I have made use of the RSS “Live Bookmarks” feature of FireFox. I have some of the course blogs and a news feed. By the time I click on the bookmark and read the subjects, I could have navigated to the actual website and glanced at the entire article. I really don’t see what all the hype is about.

This week’s discussion (which I remembered!) is on the use of RSS in the library. But if I can’t find a good reason to use it myself, why would I use it in the library?

I suppose RSS can be helpful in showing recently published books or articles. But I’m just not seeing it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've been checking it out. While I appreciate the football info, aren't the blogs supposed to be school related?